Leaking pipes, taps & toilets
Long-term solutions for leaky plumbing
Adam Plumbing & Gas have decades of experience in solving dripping plumbing problems. We make sure we provide permanent solutions that stop your taps or toilets from leaking again.
Our leaking plumbing services
Pipework advice and servicing
As experienced plumbers, we offer our customers tried and trusted advice regarding their property’s piping, including suggestions for maintenance schedules.
Taps, toilets, showers, and more
With over 20 years of experience in plumbing, we solve almost all problems related to taps, toilets, showers, and other household leak problems.
We can provide customers with quality tapware to help prevent future leaking.
Why trust Adam Plumbing & Gas?
Our experienced plumbers are ready to help
Strata CorpLeaking pipes that are hard to find can quickly become a very messy and expensive excavation job. With thorough investigations, good communication and a bit of lateral thinking, we are usually able to help our clients avoid this scenario.
Frequently Asked Questions
What damage can leaking pipes cause?
What are the signs of a plumbing leak?
- Water meter keeps ticking along even when all the taps are switched off
- Flooding or puddles around the home or garden
- Water pressure changes
- Persistent musty, damp smells
- Your water bills have sharply increased compared to before
- Cracks in concrete, brickwork or tiling
- Tap leaks signs: dripping tap even when switched off, water pooling around or leaking from the tap body and spindle, water coming out of the cover plate when switched on
- Pipe leaks: dripping noises, hissing sounds or moisture coming from walls or ceilings, discoloured or unpleasant smelling water, mould, warped or stained walls, ceilings and cabinetry
- Signs of a toilet leak: water pools at the base of the toilet, or it continuously trickles into the bowl, even when it hasn’t been used
How can a leak be fixed?
- Taps: replacing the washer, O Ring, jumper valve
- Pipes: replacing the pipe
- Toilet: replacing the parts which aren’t working properly or unblocking the drainage pipe
What are the causes of leak?
- The causes of a tap leak are worn out/broken/incorrect size/incorrectly installed tap washer, worn out jumper valve, damaged or corroded valve seating, worn out O Ring
- Pipe leaks are caused by blockages. Broken or damaged pipes can be caused by high water pressure, corrosion and rust, tree roots, environmental temperature changes and shifts to the house foundation
- The issues that lead to a leaking toilet can include poor drainage; worn out, damaged, or poorly positioned water valve, float valve or flapper flushpipe seal.